Anxiety is a feeling of unease, such as worry or fear that can be mild or severe. Everyone has feelings of anxiety at some point in their life – for example, you may feel worried and anxious about sitting an exam, or having a medical test or job interview.Anxiety disorders are different, though. They can cause such distress that it interferes with your ability to lead a normal life. This type of disorder is a serious mental illness. For people who have one, worry and fear are constant and overwhelming, and can be disabling. But with treatment, many people can manage those feelings and get back to a fulfilling life.
Types of Anxiety Disorders–There are several kinds, including:
- Panic disorder. – People with this condition have feelings of terror that strike suddenly and repeatedly with no warning. Other symptoms of a panic attack include sweating, chest pain, palpitations (unusually strong or irregular heartbeats), and a feeling of choking. It can feel like you’re having a heart attack or “going crazy.”
- Social anxiety disorder. – Also called social phobia, this involves overwhelming worry and self-consciousness about everyday social situations. The worry often centers on a fear of being judged by others, or behaving in a way that might cause embarrassment or lead to ridicule.
- Specific phobias. – These are intense fears of a specific object or situation, such as heights or flying. The level of fear is usually inappropriate to the situation and may cause you to avoid common, everyday situations.
- Generalized anxiety disorder. – This is excessive, unrealistic worry and tension, even if there’s little or nothing to provoke the anxiety.
Causes of anxiety disorder — The exact cause of GAD (Generalized anxiety disorder) isn’t fully understood, although it’s likely that a combination of several factors plays a role. Research has suggested that these may include:
- Over activity in areas of the brain involved in emotions and behavior.
- An imbalance of the brain chemicals serotonin and noradrenalin, which are involved in the control and regulation of mood.
- The genes you inherit from your parents – you’re estimated to be five times more likely to develop GAD if you have a close relative with the condition
- Having a history of stressful or traumatic experiences, such as domestic violence, child abuse or bullying
- Having a painful long-term health condition, such asarthritis.
- Having a history of drug oralcohol misuse.
However, many people develop GAD for no apparent reason.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders– It depends on the type of anxiety disorder, but general symptoms include:
- Feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness
- Sleeping Problems
- Cold or sweaty hands or feet
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- Not being able to be still and calm
- Dry mouth
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Muscle tension
Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) can be difficult to diagnose. Slightly more women are affected than men, and the condition is more common in people from the ages of 35 to 59.
Treatment – It includes
- Psychological therapy – such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Medication – such as a type of antidepressant called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- There are also many things you can do yourself to help reduce your anxiety, such as:
- Going on a self-help course
- Exercising regularly
- Stop smoking, cut down the amount of alcohol and caffeine you drink. With treatment, many people are able to control their anxiety levels. However, some treatments may need to be continued for a long time and there may be periods when your symptoms worse
- Aconitum napellus – for anxiety panic attacks. Aconite as one of the the top homeopathic remedies for anxiety as it covers the acuteness of anxiety attacks & suddenness of symptoms. Fear of death is there.
- Argentum nitricum – for chronic anxiety. It is more suited to people who suffer from ‘Generalized Anxiety Disorder ‘In argentum patient the anxiety is not violent but is constant. severe anticipatory anxiety – the thought of meeting a new person gives palpitations, trembling, a cramping pain in the abdomen and at times a strong urge to pass stool.Argentum patients suffer from all kinds of phobias claustrophobia, acrophobia etc. they usually Avoid crowded places; fear of height is very strongly marked
- Arsenicum album – for hypochondriacs, anxiety fear of losing of the self control and death. Anxiety with restlessness, one has intense anxiety about his own future and health, and also for others. Anxiety that is marked by great despair, driving the person to move from one place to another. Arsenic Album also provides a very beneficial cure for people who fear being left alone. If there is a strong fear of disease or of financial loss, Arsenic Album is the best natural Homeopathic remedy
- Gelsemium – anxiety when appearing in public. Stage fright, a distinguishable symptom is nervousness with trembling of hands. The person also feels anxious about his present, future and health. Gelsemium is also of great help in dealing with anxiety during examination.
- Kali Arsenicosum – anxiety about health Kali Arsenicosum is also very beneficial for treating mental and physical restlessness with fear that something bad will happen. Anxiety on going to bed with difficult breathing is best treated with Kali Arsenicosum.
The use of Homeopathic medicines for anxiety causes no side effect, and these natural remedies are completely safe, one must consult homoeopathic physician for complete cure.
Showing all 3 results