Acne vulgaris, also known as acne, is a long-term skin disease that occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin.
Classification–Acne severity classified as mild, moderate, or severe
- Open (blackheads) and closed (whiteheads) clogged skin follicles (comedones) limited to the face with occasional inflammatory lesions classically defines mild acne.
- When a higher number of inflammatory papules (circumscribed, solid elevation of skin without fluid in it) and pustules (small elevation of the skin containing pus) occur on the face compared to mild cases of acne and also involve the trunk of the body, this defines moderate severity acne.
- When nodules (the painful ‘bumps’ lying under the skin) are the characteristic facial lesions and involvement of the trunk is extensive, severe acne is said to occur.
Signs and symptoms – Typical features of acne include
- Increased secretion of oily sebum by the skin,
- Nodules (large papules),
Management –It includes
- life style changes,
- Proper nutritious diet
- Medications like Benzoyl peroxide, Retinoids, Antibiotics, Hormonal agents, etc
- Pregnancy – during pregnancy acne may worst due to increase in sebaceous gland activity, so topical application may control it.
- Procedures like cosmetic extraction, light therapy, laser resurfacing, etc
- Psorinum – Top grade Homeopathic medicine for acne of nearly all types It is equally effective for acne in oily skin. It helps decrease oil secretion and treats acne. In case of acne that worsens from eating sweets, chocolates, meat and fatty food, Psorinum is the medicine to prescribe. It also treats intolerably itchy acne and that which worsens during the winter.
- Hepar Sulph and Calcarea Sulphurica – Effective Homeopathic Remedies for acne that are pustular in nature. Pustular acne refers to acne that contains pus. The pus may sometimes be stained with blood. Where it oozes out of pimples, The pimples may be extremely painful here. Acne in youth is also best treated with Hepar Sulph. Calcarea Sulphurica is most helpful where pustular acne ooze yellow colored pus.
- Kali Bromatum – Wonderful Homeopathic medicine for acne on face, chest and shoulders, marked itching may attend the acne. The acne may be simplex, pustular or indurate. Where acne leaves ugly scars, bluish-red pimples are a sure shot sign that Kali Bromatum will work.
- Antimonium Crudum and Natrum Mur – Best Homeopathic medicines for acne on cheeks. In case of heat in the cheeks along with acne, Antimonium Crudum aids fast recovery. The acne may be papular or pustular. Yellow scabs may cover the acne. Burning sensation is another complaint. Natrum Mur will show best results in itchy acne on oily cheeks. Prickling pain in the acne is complained of. Natrum Mur is also prescribed for acne in girls who are anaemic.
- Sulphur – Useful Homeopathic medicine for itchy acne. It is advised for people with dirty, unhealthy looking skin covered in acne that itches a lot. Scratching worsens the itching. The itching gets aggravated during the night, warmth. Burning sensation may also be observed. Sulphur is also a good choice of Homeopathic medicine for acne that has been treated with external applications or ointments in the past.
- Silicea – Top rated Homeopathic medicine for acne on forehead. It works even better for acne with pus. Itching and excessive sweat may be noticed along with acne on the face, especially the forehead. Silicea is also a wonderful Homeopathic medicine for cystic acne.
- Berberis Aquifolium – Prominent Homeopathic medicine to erase acne scars Berberis Aquifolium is one of the majorly indicated Homeopathic medicines for acne that result in formation of scars. This medicine helps clear off acne scars wonderfully well.
Showing all 7 results